- Associated Press - Thursday, June 12, 2014

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) - Authorities in Battle Creek say an 83-year-old man using a candle after losing electrical service was killed in a house fire in the western Michigan city.

WOOD-TV says firefighters got a call about 11 a.m. Thursday of a fire at a home near W.K. Kellogg Airport.

The victim is identified as Louis Ryason.

Fire Lt. Quincy Jones tells the Battle Creek Enquirer that the fire began with an accident involving a candle. It appears Ryason was using candles after he lost electrical power Wednesday night.

Authorities say a neighbor went looking for the man and found Ryason’s body in a bathroom.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide