- Associated Press - Saturday, June 14, 2014

WILLIAMSTON, Mich. (AP) - The Michigan Historical Commission has approved a marker for Williamston’s Downtown Historic District.

The marker describes the Ingham County community’s 1834 founding and also tells how the historic district reflects changes in small-town commercial architecture between the 1870s and 1950s.

A historical marker also was approved by the commission for the “Juniata House” in Tuscola County. That marker tells the story of a mid-19th-century building where an early settler provided lodging and food for travelers. The Greek Revival-style house was donated in 2002 to the Watrousville-Caro Area Historical Society.

The commission also has accepted applications for new markers commemorating the Treaty of Spring Wells inside Detroit’s Historic Fort Wayne, at the Grand Trunk Railroad depot museum in Capac and for St. John Lutheran Church in Fraser.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide