- Associated Press - Sunday, June 15, 2014

GLASGOW, Del. (AP) - Fire officials say cooking oil apparently started a fire that damaged a home in Glasgow.

Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio says the fire on Frazer Road that broke out Saturday evening was accidental. It caused $65,000 in damage.

Chionchio says the fire started on the stovetop at the home. It had been accidentally left on. Firefighters were called to the scene just after 9 p.m.

Residents of the home were able to escape without injury. The American Red Cross is assisting five adults and three children who were displaced.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide