- Associated Press - Monday, June 16, 2014

PARKVILLE, Mo. (AP) - Fire officials say a tree trimmer was electrocuted after he came in contact with an electrical wire in northwest Missouri.

The Southern Platte Fire Protection District says the man died Monday while working as part of a three-man crew outside a home in Parkville.

Parkville police say a buckstrap used to hold the man got loose, and a metal piece on the strap hit an electrical wire with 7,600 volts going through it.

The tree trimmer died instantly. His name and the company he worked for have not been released.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide