- Associated Press - Saturday, June 21, 2014

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - A company whose tent collapsed on top of a wedding reception in Albuquerque, causing injuries to several people, now faces allegations of violating fire code.

KOB-TV reports (https://bit.ly/UYZZOT) that a deputy fire marshal filed six citations late Friday against an employee of America Tent Rentals.

The citations allege a worker used duct tape to bind extension cords, didn’t mark emergency exits or place a fire extinguisher inside and never got the proper permit and inspection.

Guests at the June 7 wedding on the Sandia Resort and Casino golf course were just finishing dinner when a wind gust caused the 30-by-40-foot tent to come down. Several people suffered minor injuries.

Company owner Salvador Castillo says this is the first time international fire code has been enforced on a tent company.

___

Information from: KOB-TV, https://www.kob.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide