- Associated Press - Monday, June 23, 2014

MCMINNVILLE, Ore. (AP) - Firefighters have put out a fire they say was caused by sparks from malfunctioning machinery that ignited grain at a feed mill in McMinnville.

The fire department said Monday there were no injuries and no dollar estimate of the damage at the Land O’ Lakes Purina mill.

The damage was reported to be limited to the machinery and its contents.

The rolling mill cooler was in the basement of the mill. The firefighters said they put out small fires that got to upper levels through piping used to move the mill’s products.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide