- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BOSTON (AP) - A woman who had faced arraignment in the deaths of two Boston pedestrians has been released without charges as prosecutors say they are doing more investigation.

Jake Wark, spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney, said Tuesday that 26-year-old Ghuzlan Alghazali was released without charges and no complaint was issued against her. She had been scheduled for arraignment on charges including motor vehicle homicide and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.

Twenty-eight-year-old John Lanzillotti and 27-year-old Jessica Campbell died Saturday night after police said they were struck by a car that had crashed with another vehicle.

Prosecutors said they are trying to determine who was driving and need to do “further canvassing and evidentiary analysis.”

Alghazali’s lawyer, John Seed, says his client is “grief stricken” over the loss of lives, but that there are “conflicting reports” about what happened.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide