- Associated Press - Thursday, June 26, 2014

COLONIE, N.Y. (AP) - An 82-year-old upstate New York woman and a 77-year-old man have been found dead inside a suburban Albany home.

Fire officials entered the home in Colonie late Thursday morning and found the man dead in a bed and the woman just outside the bedroom door. They are identified as John Lamena and Palma Nero.

Police say they may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning. A car was running in an enclosed garage and more than 10 times the lethal level of the gas was found inside the home, which is on a quiet cul-de-sac.

Authorities were contacted by co-workers of the woman when she didn’t show up for work.

Foul play is not suspected and police say there are no apparent wounds.

Autopsies are scheduled for Friday.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide