- Associated Press - Friday, June 27, 2014

COLONIE, N.Y. (AP) - Autopsies show that two elderly upstate New York residents died together in the same house of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police in the Albany suburb of Colonie say the deaths of 77-year-old John Lamena and 82-year-old Palma Nero were an accident. The investigation revealed no criminal conduct or intentional act.

Fire officials entered the home late Thursday morning and found the man dead in a bed and the woman just outside the bedroom door.

Police found a car running in an enclosed garage, and more than 10 times the lethal level of the gas was found inside the home, which is on a quiet cul-de-sac north of the state capital.

Authorities were contacted by Nero’s co-workers when she didn’t show up for work.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide