- Associated Press - Friday, June 27, 2014

WORDEN, Ill. (AP) - A coroner says a southern Illinois man whose body was found late last year after a fire in his apartment died accidently from an overdose of prescribed medication.

Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn says toxicology tests detected no alcohol or illegal drugs in 45-year-old Robert Blotevogel’s system. The man was found dead Dec. 26 in his home in Worden (WAHR’-den).

The coroner says Blotevogel had various medical issues, used a wheelchair and was a smoker.

Nonn says it appears the man died before the fire.

Worden is a roughly 1,000-resident village about 30 miles northeast of St. Louis.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide