- Associated Press - Friday, June 27, 2014

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (AP) - Firefighters believe a pan of grease left on a stove started a fire that destroyed two apartments in Castle Rock.

A resident initially told firefighters that some pizza boxes near a stove may have ignited Friday’s fire but they later determined that wasn’t the case.

Two other apartments in the building suffered some fire, smoke and water damage. No one was injured.

It’s the third large fire in the Denver metro area this week. Arson is suspected in the two earlier fires.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide