- Associated Press - Saturday, June 28, 2014

RENO, Nev. (AP) - A murder trial for a man accused in a fatal shooting at the South Fork Indian Reservation in northeast Nevada has been postponed until October.

Joshua Dooley originally was scheduled to stand trial this month in U.S. District Court in Reno in the killing of Jacob Tybo at his home in South Fork in December.

The Elko Daily Free Press reports prosecutors and public defenders agreed to the delay this week due to the large volume of evidence collected.

An FBI complaint says the two members of the Te-Moake Tribe of Western Shoshone had been drinking and started arguing after Dooley accused Tybo of stealing his cellphone and being interested in his girlfriend.

The complaint says Tybo became upset and pointed a shotgun at Dooley’s head before Dooley allegedly grabbed a rifle and shot him in the head.

___

Information from: Elko Daily Free Press, https://www.elkodaily.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide