- Associated Press - Sunday, June 29, 2014

LAGRANGE, Ohio (AP) - A northern Ohio coroner says a high school senior found dead a week before graduation died from a caffeine overdose.

An autopsy found that Logan Stiner had a lethal amount of caffeine in his system when he died at home on May 27.

The 18-year-old was a senior at Keystone High School in LaGrange, southwest of Cleveland.

The Lorain County Coroner tells The Chronicle-Telegram in Elyria (https://bit.ly/1vhkSPZ ) that Stiner had more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system.

The coroner says most energy drinks have three to 15 micrograms of caffeine.

Stiner’s mother tells the newspaper that she found bags of caffeine powder in their house on the day he died. The coroner says powder caused Stiner to have a cardiac arrhythmia and a seizure.

___

Information from: The Chronicle-Telegram, https://www.chronicletelegram.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide