- Associated Press - Thursday, June 5, 2014

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) - Burned popcorn was to blame for the brief evacuation of a state government office building in Pierre.

KCCR radio reports that people in the Becker-Hansen building were evacuated as a precaution for a few minutes Wednesday afternoon when the burned popcorn in a microwave set off a fire alarm.

Assistant Fire Chief Leon Ellis says the popcorn was in a break room on the second floor, which houses the state Transportation Department.

___

Information from: KCCR-AM, https://www.todayskccr.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide