- Associated Press - Friday, June 6, 2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Six people have been hospitalized for smoke inhalation after an early Friday morning house fire in east Las Vegas near East Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue.

Las Vegas Fire Department spokesman Tim Szymanski says the electrical fire appears to have started with an air conditioning unit on the roof of the one-story home.

Szymanski says a neighbor alerted the home’s five occupants to the fire around 5 a.m. Friday.

The neighbor and the family of five were all being treated for smoke inhalation. One family member also had cuts from broken glass.

Szymanski says there were not smoke alarms in the home and the family had reported electrical problems in the house for months.

The blaze caused heavy damage to the attic and did about $125,000 in damage.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide