- Associated Press - Friday, June 6, 2014

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Authorities say an 81-year-old Augusta woman severely burned in a cooking fire at her home last month has died.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland says Lorraine White died May 30 at Maine Medical Center in Portland where she was being treated for burns.

White was injured May 7 when her clothes caught fire while she was cooking with an electric oven inside her home.

Fire officials tell the Kennebec Journal (https://bit.ly/1jZgwqB ) the fire started when White opened the oven door to remove an item. The fire was out by the time firefighters arrived and there was little damage to the building.

White was a former nurse in the Air Force according to her obituary.


Information from: Kennebec Journal, https://www.kjonline.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide