- Associated Press - Saturday, June 7, 2014

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. (AP) - Authorities say two men died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a Spotsylvania County home.

Their bodies were found Monday after one of the men did not report to work and co-workers went to his house to check on him.

The Free Lance-Star (https://bit.ly/1uy46h0 ) says the men were identified as 55-year-old John T. Johnson and 45-year-old Carlton T. Smith.

Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Capt. Troy Skebo says an investigation found that power to the house had been turned off and the men were using two generators. They were not properly vented.

It’s not known why the power had been turned off.

The medical examiner’s office said the deaths were accidental, with a cause of asphyxia.

___

Information from: The Free Lance-Star, https://www.fredericksburg.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide