- Associated Press - Saturday, June 7, 2014

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Investigators say carelessly discarded cigarettes are to blame for a Reno apartment fire that left a 52-year-old woman dead.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from a first-floor unit of a two-story apartment building Friday evening.

They pulled the unconscious woman from the apartment but efforts to revive her failed.

Investigators say she suffered third-degree burns to 40 percent of her body, but a coroner’s autopsy will pinpoint the cause of her death.

The victim’s name was not immediately released.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide