- Associated Press - Sunday, June 8, 2014

GRAND ISLE, Vt. (AP) - State police say members of a church in Grand Isle safely escaped a fire that broke out in the basement during their services.

Authorities say the fire at the United Methodist Church started after a deep fryer was left unattended. It happened at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.

The fire department extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide