- Associated Press - Monday, June 9, 2014

DENNIS, Mass. (AP) - Investigators say a three-alarm blaze at a Dennis condominium complex that sent 13 people to the hospital may have been started by a candle.

Fire Chief Mark Dellner says the preliminary investigation determined that the fire early Friday morning may have been caused by a candle that fell over in a first-floor unit.

The injured include two police officers and two firefighters, but Dellner tells the Cape Cod Times (https://bit.ly/1pbWvF7) they have all returned to work. Two of the residents injured had to be flown to Boston hospitals.

Damage to the two-story building and residents’ possessions is estimated at around $2 million, but Dellner says it could have been much worse.

The fire remains under investigation.

___

Information from: Cape Cod (Mass.) Times, https://www.capecodonline.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide