- Associated Press - Thursday, March 27, 2014

TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - A toddler in New Jersey is recovering from first- and second-degree burns to her face after a candle set fire to her hair.

The girl’s mother was cooking dinner in the family’s Toms River home on Wednesday and a decorative candle was burning nearby.

Police Chief Mitch Little tells the Asbury Park Press (https://on.app.com/1gF7sep ) the 2-year-old came into contact with the candle and her hair caught fire.

Little says the mother quickly extinguished the flames with a towel and began medical treatment.

Police did not release the name of the mother or child.

___

Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, https://www.app.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide