- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Police in Wichita say a man needed hospital treatment after stuffing his mouth with cooked pork and nearly choking to death at a butcher shop.

The incident happened Monday night at Carniceria El Guero (kar-NEE’-say-REE’-ah ehl GWEHR’-oh), near downtown Wichita.

Employees said the 51-year-old man entered the shop, started grabbing handfuls of cooked pork and stuffed the meat into his mouth. The man soon began to choke and collapsed to the floor.

Some employees gave the man first aid until an ambulance arrived. Paramedics revived the man and took him to Via Christi St. Francis Hospital.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide