- Associated Press - Friday, May 23, 2014

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Charlotte Douglas International Airport plans to start work on a new concourse next spring, adding about a dozen gates for domestic travel.

The Charlotte Observer reported ( https://bit.ly/1nyNu4I ) the new plan replaces an earlier proposal to build a separate international terminal.

Interim Aviation Director Brent Cagle said the new concourse might eventually become a separate international terminal, but Cagle says what the airport needs now is more domestic gates.

The new concourse will constructed in two phases and could eventually have about two dozen new gates.

Airport officials had previously planned for that space to be used for a new 25-gate international facility at a cost of $175 million. It would have included the required federal inspection and passport facilities.

___

Information from: The Charlotte Observer, https://www.charlotteobserver.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide