- Associated Press - Saturday, November 1, 2014

SUTTON, Neb. (AP) - Fire officials in southeastern Nebraska say an electrical fire in downtown Sutton gutted an office building and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage.

The Lincoln Journal Star says (https://bit.ly/1wSAix4 ) the fire was reported just before 7 p.m. Friday. Sutton Fire Chief Chris Moore says he was handing out candy to trick-or-treaters at the fire station when someone came running in, saying there was a fire downtown.

About 30 firefighters from Sutton, Hastings, Clay Center and Grafton battled the fire that ravaged the two-story building owned by Abat Lerew, a construction contracting company.

No one was injured. Officials estimate damage at between $100,000 and $200,000.


Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, https://www.journalstar.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide