By Associated Press - Wednesday, November 12, 2014

SCOTTSBLUFF, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say space heaters caused a fire at a Scottsbluff house.

The Scottsbluff Fire Department says an overuse of space heaters caused an electrical overload in the house’s attic, leading to the Wednesday morning fire.

Nearly two dozen personnel from two fire departments responded to the scene. Smoke could be seen coming from the second floor. Flames also broke through the house’s roof.

Fire crews were able to contain the blaze. No injuries were reported, though four people have been displaced.

Scottsbluff radio station KNEB reports ( ) damage from the fire has been estimated at up to $35,000.


Information from: KNEB-AM,

Copyright © 2023 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide