- Associated Press - Thursday, November 13, 2014

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - The second suspect charged in connection with the slayings of two Northern California sheriffs’ deputies has been moved to a nearby jail.

Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said last month that he preferred the suspects not be held in Sacramento while they await trial in a shooting spree that killed deputies in Sacramento and Placer counties.

Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte, who was booked into jail under the name Marcelo Marquez, was moved last week to the jail in El Dorado County, 45 miles west of the state capital.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Lisa Bowman said Thursday that his wife, Janelle Marquez Monroy, was transferred from Sacramento to neighboring Yolo County’s jail.

The two Utah residents are charged with murder following a shooting rampage that also left a motorist and third deputy wounded.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide