- Associated Press - Thursday, November 13, 2014

ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) - Schaumburg police are investigating after a dog was deliberately poisoned by tainted dog treats planted in its owner’s backyard.

The 11-year-old miniature schnauzer, named Popo, ended up in an Arlington Heights animal hospital this week after it ate rat poison concealed in the treats. Although the blind and deaf dog became sick, veterinarian Anita Kuhnle says Popo seems to be getting better.

The Daily Herald (https://bit.ly/1zRuBmL ) reports the pet’s owners couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday.

Sgt. John Nebl says the incident appears to be isolated. The department will continue to investigate.

___



Information from: Daily Herald, https://www.dailyherald.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide