By Associated Press - Wednesday, November 19, 2014

KODIAK, Alaska (AP) - Two people in a rural Kodiak Island community were injured when they accidentally used fuel instead of water in a sauna-like building.

The Kodiak Daily Mirror reports (https://is.gd/mr9IL2) the man and woman were treated at a Kodiak hospital after the explosion Tuesday in Chiniak. The woman was to be flown outside Kodiak for further care.

Alaska State Troopers say they were in a banya Tuesday when they accidentally used fuel oil instead of water.

Troopers spokesman Eric Olsen said they are investigating, but don’t believe it was anything other than an accident.

Chiniak is located about 45 miles southeast of the city of Kodiak.



___

Information from: Kodiak (Alaska) Daily Mirror, https://www.kodiakdailymirror.com

Copyright © 2022 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide