- Associated Press - Sunday, November 2, 2014

MADISON, Miss. (AP) - Eighty-year-old Russell Hackman says his rescued Chihuahua saved him from a gas leak.

He tells The Clarion-Ledger (https://on.thec-l.com/1ujRuh6 ) that 6-year-old Webster woke him up and wouldn’t let him sleep.

Webster had been found in Madison starving and suffering from mange. Hackman volunteers at an animal clinic that treated the dog.

Hackman says that Webster woke him up about 1:30 a.m. on Oct. 28. Hackman took him outside, but the dog did nothing and was reluctant to return inside.

Hackman says he coaxed Webster in and went to bed but the dog whined and walked on his head.

He then remembered that a friend had mentioned weeks ago that he thought he smelled gas. He called 911. Frefighters found a gas leak at the water heater.

___

Information from: The Clarion-Ledger, https://www.clarionledger.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide