- Associated Press - Friday, November 21, 2014

KENT, Wash. (AP) - A fire in a clothes dryer at the King County jail in Kent about 1 a.m. Friday sent smoke from the roof.

The Kent Fire Department says firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire. They used fans to remove the smoke.

No inmates were in the laundry room at the time of the fire.

The fire department says the fire started accidentally in a large drum that rotates drying clothes.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide