- Associated Press - Wednesday, November 5, 2014

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - The suspect in the slayings of two sheriffs’ deputies in neighboring Northern California counties has been moved to a nearby jail.

Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones said last week that he preferred that Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte not be held in Sacramento while he awaits trial in last month’s shooting spree that killed deputies in Sacramento and Placer counties. Jones said he didn’t want his deputies to see the man who killed one of their own every day.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Lisa Bowman said Wednesday that he had been moved to the jail in El Dorado County, 45 miles west of the state capital.

His wife, Janelle Monroy, remains in the Sacramento County jail.

The two Utah residents were charged with murder following a shooting rampage that also left a motorist and third deputy wounded.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide