- Associated Press - Thursday, November 6, 2014

HARTLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Officials say a worker at a gas processing facility is hospitalized after accidentally being exposed to hydrogen sulfide in Livingston County.

The Livingston County Daily Press & Argus of Howell and WHMI-FM report the man was exposed to the gas after opening an incorrect valve while working Wednesday at the Merit Energy facility in Hartland Township, about 40 miles northwest of Detroit.

Chief Adam Carroll of the Hartland Deerfield Fire Authority says the man was exposed to an unknown amount of hydrogen sulfide, which caused him to collapse. Carroll says another person dragged him away from the gas. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide