- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - The parents of a man who died in an apartment fire in Fargo two years ago are suing his landlord claiming faulty smoke detectors are to blame for his death.

WDAY-TV (https://bit.ly/1oB50Fk ) reports the parents of 31-year-old James Payton are suing Goldmark Property Management. The fire happened in January 2012.

The attorneys for the plaintiffs and the defendant expect the case to go to trial next summer.

Kurt Bollman is the company’s chief operating officer. He says Goldmark will allow the case “to be handled by the court” and declined to comment further citing pending litigation.


Information from: WDAY-TV, https://wday.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide