- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 1, 2014

AUGUSTA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Officials say a 13-year-old boy was taken to a hospital after getting an electrical shock at a school football field in Michigan.

The Ann Arbor News reports (https://bit.ly/1DZHoE9 ) the student from Ypsilanti’s Lincoln Middle School was a spectator at the eighth grade game when he was shocked around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday while leaning against a metal ramp to the bleachers.

The game was at Lincoln High School in Washtenaw County’s Augusta Township. The boy was taken to a hospital for treatment, where he was listed in critical condition. Officials say a 40-year-old woman was shocked when she tried to help the boy. She was treated at the scene.

Power was shut off to the football field about 30 miles southwest of Detroit. The cause of the shock is under investigation.


Information from: The Ann Arbor News, https://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide