- Associated Press - Sunday, October 12, 2014

CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (AP) - A Chippewa Falls family is looking for a new home after their house caught fire, the second time they’ve been victimized by fire in two years.

The Chippewa Herald reports (https://bit.ly/1C9Dc0W ) Jeff and Amanda Radle moved into the Chippewa Falls home two years ago after their trailer house in Cadott caught fire. The Chippewa Falls home caught fire at about 2:30 p.m. Thursday.

Jeff Radle says he was at work and his pregnant wife was out with the couple’s 14-month-old child to pick up her son from school when a neighbor reported the fire.

Fire Chief Mike Hepfler says the fire originated in the basement, possibly with a wood-burning stove. Damage is estimated at $65,000 and valued the home at $70,000.

The Red Cross is helping the family.

___

Information from: The Chippewa Herald, https://www.chippewa.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide