- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 15, 2014

LE MARS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say two people were sent to a hospital after a fire damaged a house containing two apartments in the northwest Iowa city of Le Mars.

The fire was reported a little after 11:45 p.m. Monday. Fire officials say 10 people in two families were in the structure when the blaze started. Investigators suspect an unattended candle in a bedroom ignited nearby materials.

The two injured people were taken to Floyd Valley Hospital. Authorities say one was released and the other was transferred to a Sioux City hospital. One firefighter was treated at the scene for heat issues.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide