- Associated Press - Thursday, October 16, 2014

DETROIT (AP) - The federal government says more than $63 million already is in the hands of southeastern Michigan residents for repairs following August flooding.

The Detroit News reports (https://bit.ly/1txfNbc ) more than $65 million has been committed to Detroit-area residents and the Federal Emergency Management Agency says there’s no cap on the amount of aid residents could receive. Repairs are ongoing across the region.

FEMA has partnered with the state and the Small Business Association to award the funds. Officials say more than 73,500 residents in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties have applied for money. The deadline to apply for the funds is Nov. 24.

President Barack Obama last month signed a disaster declaration for Michigan. The cost to clean up and repair the flood damage is estimated at more than $1.1 billion.

___

Information from: The Detroit News, https://detnews.com/

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide