- Associated Press - Thursday, October 2, 2014

AUGUSTA TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A school official says a 13-year-old boy who was taken to a hospital after getting an electrical shock at a school football field in Michigan remains in critical condition.

Emma Jackson, spokeswoman for the Washtenaw Intermediate School District, tells The Ann Arbor News (https://bit.ly/1yAGUUW ) school officials were told there’s “no change in his condition.”

The student from Ypsilanti’s Lincoln Middle School was a spectator at the eighth grade game when he was shocked around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday while leaning against a fence near a metal ramp to the bleachers.

Officials say a woman was shocked when she tried to help him. She was treated at the scene. The cause is under investigation.

The game was at Lincoln High School in Washtenaw County’s Augusta Township, about 30 miles southwest of Detroit.


Information from: The Ann Arbor News, https://www.mlive.com/ann-arbor



Click to Read More

Click to Hide