- Associated Press - Monday, October 20, 2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A device that would have normally crafted a hot hairstyle ignited a small fire inside a room at the South Point casino-hotel instead.

Officials say 45 Clark County firefighters responded Sunday afternoon to reports of smoke coming from a room on the 10th floor of the hotel south of the Las Vegas Strip.

The culprit: a plugged-in hairstyling iron that touched a nearby towel igniting it and other items on a desk. The damage: about $3,000.

Deputy Chief Jeff Buchanan says that by the time fire crews reached room 1052 the hairstyling iron was simply smoldering and a small fire was nearly extinguished. He says no one had to evacuate the hotel and no one was injured.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide