- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 21, 2014

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - An unspecified number of chickens died in a fire that destroyed a shed southeast of Aberdeen.

Loy Stange with the Stratford Fire Department tells the American News (https://bit.ly/1wmhqWg ) that the cause of the Monday afternoon fire might never be known because of the extent of the damage.

Stange says there was no heat lamp in the shed, which was about the size of a two-car garage. It was on property belonging to Dean Weismantel.

No people were hurt.

___

Information from: Aberdeen American News, https://www.aberdeennews.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide