- Associated Press - Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Firefighters think an extension cord sparked a fire in a Boulder trailer that killed a 2-year-old boy last week.

The chief fire marshal for Boulder Fire-Rescue, Dave Lowery, said Tuesday that investigators don’t know what was plugged into the cord and may never know because of the damage from the Oct. 14 fire. However, he said the cord was located under a couch near some clothing.

Two other people were also injured in the fire at the Boulder Meadows Mobile Home Park. They’ve been identified by friends as the mother and brother of the boy killed but authorities haven’t identified the toddler who was killed or those injured.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide