- Associated Press - Friday, October 24, 2014

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say two dogs have perished after fire swept through a shopping center east of Atlanta.

Fire officials say the dogs died from smoke inhalation in the Thursday night fire near Main Street and Ponce de Leon Avenue in the Stone Mountain area.

Officials say the blaze started at a restaurant in the shopping center. Authorities said smoke that from fire killed the dogs, whose owners were boarding them a few doors down at Paws in Paradise Pet Salon.

Pet salon owner Lamarr Mitchell tells CBS 46 (https://bit.ly/1tiF0FE) that he and his business partner were working on some renovations overnight when they heard the dogs barking. Mitchell said the barking alerted them to the fire, and they began moving all of the animals.

The Atlanta station reports that the owners were able to save 17 of the dogs.


Information from: WGCL-TV, https://www.cbsatlanta.com/index.html

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide