- Associated Press - Saturday, October 25, 2014

TOLLESON, Ariz. (AP) - Firefighters say a worker changing light fixtures above a parking lot in Tolleson has died after being electrocuted.

Tolleson Fire Chief George Good says crews responded to a report for a “high angle rescue” around 8:45 a.m. Saturday on 104th Avenue near Van Buren Street.

Good says the unidentified man was standing in an elevated bucket and changing a light bulb when the bulb came in contact with a power line that was between 8 and 10 feet overhead.

Firefighters were able to safely bring him down but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Good says the death appears to be accidental. The man was working on private property.

No other injuries were reported and the man appeared to be working alone.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide