- Associated Press - Monday, October 27, 2014

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - City officials in Mobile say its email system is functioning after a shutdown they blame on a cyber-attack.

Al.com reports that the six-day shutdown started on Tuesday afternoon (https://bit.ly/1DTQNw1 ).

City officials say anyone who sent an email to city employees or departments last week, including police and fire, should resend those messages.

City spokesman George Talbot says no citizen’s private information was compromised during the attack. He says authorities are investigating.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide