- Associated Press - Monday, October 27, 2014

SOUTHBURY, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut high school has been evacuated because of a mercury spill caused after a student dropped a thermometer.

One student from Pomperaug High School in Southbury was taken to the hospital as a precaution after the minor spill Monday morning.

School officials say the student brought the thermometer to school and dropped it in a classroom.

The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection was also called to the scene.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide