- Associated Press - Monday, October 27, 2014

SOUTHBURY, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut high school has been evacuated because of a mercury spill caused after a student dropped a thermometer.

One student from Pomperaug High School in Southbury was taken to the hospital as a precaution after the minor spill Monday morning.

School officials say the student brought the thermometer to school and dropped it in a classroom.

The state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection was also called to the scene.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide