- Associated Press - Friday, October 3, 2014

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say a fire at an Omaha house that displaced a family of nine was caused by a candle.

Battalion Chief Timothy McCaw with the Omaha Fire Department says an unattended candle in a bedroom caused the Thursday night fire at a single-family house in north Omaha.

Two adults and five children were inside at the time and were able to escape safely. Two other adults were not home. The American Red Cross is assisting them.

The fire caused more than $18,000 in damages.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide