- Associated Press - Thursday, October 30, 2014

HOMER, Alaska (AP) - An 88-year-old Homer man was seriously injured in an explosion apparently caused when he used gasoline to light a woodstove.

Alaska State Troopers say officers and fire officials at about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday took a call of a home fire on Diamond Ridge in Homer.

Troopers say the gasoline explosion started a fire.

The home, valued at $160,000, was destroyed.

Troopers say the homeowner suffered life-threatening injuries.

He was transported to South Peninsula Hospital.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide