- Associated Press - Friday, October 31, 2014

ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis firefighters say a man has died after a fire broke out in a home without a working smoke detector.

Fire crews say there was heavy smoke billowing from the St. Louis home when they arrived on Thursday. They found an unconscious man in an upstairs bedroom. He was taken to an area hospital where he later died.

Authorities say the only smoke detector in the home didn’t have batteries.

The man’s identity hasn’t been released. No other injuries were reported.

It’s unclear what started the fire.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide