- Associated Press - Friday, October 31, 2014

MILFORD, Conn. (AP) - Milford schools and the father of a 7-year-old girl barred for three weeks because of Ebola fears have agreed to the youngster’s return, three days day earlier than planned.

A lawyer sued earlier this week on behalf of the third-grader and her father, claiming unjustified fear prompted the decision to keep her out of class.

Schools superintendent Elizabeth Feser and the girl’s father, Stephen Opayemi, say the lawsuit was settled.

The child was to return on Friday. She had been told to stay home for 21 days, the incubation period for Ebola, after returning Oct. 13 from Nigeria for a family wedding.

Feser had said her actions were a good-faith response to a public health issue and in the best interest of all students.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide