- Associated Press - Wednesday, October 8, 2014

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A fire department spokesman says a man who was working on his vehicle in the small community of Boring, Oregon, was severely burned when the radiator exploded.

The Oregonian reports (https://is.gd/6YTDgX ) that the man was airlifted Wednesday to Portland, where he was being treated at the Oregon Burn Center. The man’s name and condition were not available.

Clackamas Fire District 1 spokesman Brandon Paxton says hot radiator fluid and water splashed on a large percentage of the man’s body.

Paxton says fire crews decided to call for a helicopter in part because downtown Portland traffic was snarled by Vice President Joe Biden’s visit.

Boring is east of Portland.


Information from: The Oregonian, https://www.oregonlive.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide